Privacy of Personal Information Policy
At AIA, we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. Privacy legislation differs from one region to another, and it is our practice to blend the various legislated privacy requirements to the highest level required. This ensures one policy is applicable to all of our attendees, regardless of location.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, other than the person’s business title or business contact information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information voluntarily disclosed in the course of an individual’s application for training with AIA CENTERS
- Identification information such as name, home address, telephone, personal email address, date
- of birth, or employee identification number
- drivers license and social insurance numbers
- customer demographics (age, gender)
- customer financial information (including payment card and credit card numbers)
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system browser you use, and your computers location
- what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
- what other sites you’ve visited recently
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
The personal information collected is used and disclosed for our business purposes, including establishing, managing your relationship with AIA CENTERS.
Such uses include:
- To establish learning and development requirements;
- For performance reviews and determining performance requirements;
- To establish a contact point in the event of an emergency (such as next of kin);
- To comply with applicable statutes;
- To ensure the security of company-held information; and other purposes as reasonably required by AIA CENTERS
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information for the purposes described in this policy or for any additional purposes as permitted by law, that we advise you of and obtain your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Additionally, we collect personal information to:
- complete a sale or transaction with you
- verify your credit, if necessary
- limit the possibility of fraud when we process your returns
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
AIA will maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
How Long is Your Personal Information Retained?
AIA retains your personal information only for as long as it believes is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was collected (including, for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements or obligations).
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, register for classes, verify your credit, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
Inquiries or Concerns
All rights reserved, Academy of Insurance Adjusting, Inc. Head Office: Toronto, Ontario